Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Day Book

Outside my window...sunny with a bit of a breeze moving the leaves in the pin oak outside my window...I love looking at the beautiful shade of green on that tree!

I am thankful for...the opportunity to do a summer online Bible study with my sister!  I think we are going to have a great time growing in the Lord and together!

From the kitchen...I made smoothies today and want to tweak the recipe a bit, but they were really yummy and not so full of calories!  Nice and filling!

I am wearing...black sleeveless blouse and a black print skirt!

I am creating...this website and enjoying the process more than I thought I would!

I am going...to Richmond in a couple weeks with my best friend for her band directors meeting.  I love spending time with my best friend!

I am reading...other than the Word of God, nothing right now...which is unusual, I love to read, but just can't get my head into it right now for some reason!

I am hoping...to continue to be successful with my healthy eating!

I am hearing...the birds tweeting outside the open windows and the sound of the breeze rustling the leaves!

Around the house...Mike just finished mowing the lawn and is in the shower cause he has to go to school soon.  Rethinking the high prices we are paying for cable because I bet I've had the TV on a whole 3 hours since school let out last week!

One of my favorite things...pizza...I love pizza anyway I can get it!  I made some for lunch today and it was yummy!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Just relaxing again for the next couple of days.  I'm helping my niece get caught up so they can finish school soon.  Friday I will watch Haley again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! Loved visiting here tonight! I hope you keep at it. Blogs are such a great way to record our lives & days. I look upon mine as a gift to my family. Anyway - great job on choosing your background & installing it.

    I keep forgetting to send you how I make my smoothies. I don't use a recipe though. I drink one every single day...LOVE them!

    This nightowl had better got to bed now. Sending you big hugs Karen. I am SO grateful that you have come into my life! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I'm just now seeing this comment! I'm gonna have to figure out if there is a way to get these sent to my email address! Although some things aren't working like they should!

    I think I'll get in the 'blog' habit over the summer and be able to keep up with it over the school year!

    Thanks for all your encouragement and I'm equally as glad that you've come into my life!

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Contented Comments from Karen's Commrades!