Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

The Winkleman family has always celebrated our country with pride. But this Memorial Day holds a bit more meaning for them. My niece's brother-in-law was killed in Afghanistan this last fall. I am grateful for the sacrifice they have made for my freedom.


I feel proud to have known such a wonderful young man who was willing to risk his life for my freedom.  As we all know freedom isn't free and Damon Gabriel Winkleman paid the ultimate price for that freedom.  


As we go about our day celebrating with picnics and enjoying family take a moment to remember those families celebrating this holiday with very different meaning.


I want to post a few pictures in memory of Damon today.











This is a sweet picture of Damon's nephew, my great nephew!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contented Comments from Karen's Commrades!