Tuesday, May 25, 2010

 

For Today - May 25, 2010

Outside my window...the school courtyard with a cement bench and some beautiful flowers blooming.  Across the courtyard are the kindergarten rooms and on a cloudy day with the lights on inside I could see into my granddaughter's room!

I am thinking...this has been a great year!  I'm tired and ready for a little relaxation, but thankful that I get paid to do what I love doing most of all in all the world...teach children!

I am thankful for...my students.  Each one of them brings some kind of joy to my life.  Today I'm thankful for one student who is going to graduate this year and I'm beyond proud of all her hard work through the years even with some obstacles and challenges put in her way!

I am remembering...how hard school was for me and I believe that's why tutoring is so rewarding for me.  I can understand the struggles each of my students are having and hopefully can help them find a way to overcome their struggles!

On my mind...really a headache is on my mind!  I haven't gotten many this year, PTL, but today I have a bit of one.  Praying it goes away soon!

I am pondering these words...what I wrote in Vicky's yearbook today...my life's verse...Philippians 4:11, "Not that I speak with respect of want, for I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."  I pray that I'm content in my life whatever the circumstances.

From the kitchen...I'm not sure what supper will be tonight...perhaps grilled chicken with rice (with sauted mushrooms, onions, and celery!)  Yummo!

I am wearing...black skirt and black turtle neck...I know it's May, but it's chilly out there...not to mention in here with the air conditioning on!

I am creating...this blog.  I hope to keep it up and expand and organize it so it can be something I'm proud of for my children and grandchildren.

I am going...to Cody's game later today...the sun has been in and out all day, but I pray we can get it in so we don't have to reschedule it again!

I am reading...nothing right this moment...I have The Postcard by Beverly Lewis ready to read, but I've been so busy tutoring that I haven't felt I can get into a book...I plan to read for a solid week next week!

I am hoping...to stick with my weight loss plan and keep up with my decision to get healthy!

I am hearing...students in the hallway running errands for a teacher!

Around the house...I need to clean this weekend...perhaps tomorrow as I don't have to watch Haley now!

One of my favorite things...being able to surprise my grandchildren with things they really want.  Evidently Cody found out that I'm giving him a batting cage and pitching machine to him for his birthday...I guess Michele told him, but I wanted it to be a surprise...might just go get it this weekend so he can start using it now!  That's what I love to do! 

A few plans for the rest of the week...Resting, catching up on reading, doing a little bit of nothing for a change!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...this is me with a very special young lady in my life who is graduating this Friday!  I'm very proud of her!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Karen I loved the comments on your SWD!! Learned even more about you..amazing huh?? Well I haven't finished my Bible study homework so I better get at it!! **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete

Contented Comments from Karen's Commrades!