Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Cody!

Can't believe my baby boy (grandson) is 11 years old today. I love telling him stories about the day he was born and his first few years that we probably spent as many waking hours together as his mom and he did! Those were tiring days and sometimes I wished for a break, but I wouldn't trade them for the world! Cody and I have a special relationship and it comes even more to light now that I have a granddaughter and haven't had the opportunity to spend as much time with her. When I do get to watch her she is always asking for Mama, but Cody never did that...in fact often didn't want to leave me!

I'm am very proud of all Cody's accomplishments...he excels in school and sports. He's growing into a polite young man who I'm now enjoying just spending days with doing things together as Nana and grandson!

He is camping this weekend with his dad...we had our party with him last night and it was so sweet to hear him saying thank you for his gifts without being prompted to do so! Anyway, today we don't get to see him so I have re-stained the front door and I'm waiting to put the polyurethane on it later today...maybe tomorrow, but I think I'd rather do it today! Might still do the windows even though it's supposed to rain today! I've been waiting and waiting and it always seems to rain on the days I want to do them!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Contented Comments from Karen's Commrades!