Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thoughts and things!

Cody's basketball team isn't that good this year. They have lost their first two games, but Cody is doing okay. The first game he was a starter and got six points, the second game he didn't start (which we like cause last year the coach played the same six or seven boys almost all year and no one else got to play), but he did score a three pointer so we are very proud of him!

The first two pictures are of him throwing free throws and he made both of them!

IMAG0569.jpg

IMAG0569.jpg

This picture is from warm ups in their second game with their yellow jerseys! The lights were yellow too so it looks weird! LOL

IMAG0580.jpg

Haley, Mike, and I went to Chesapeake for Thanksgiving. It was just a quick trip for two days, but it was very nice. We actually had our Thanksgiving meal on Wednesday because we had to leave early on Thursday to come back home for Haley to eat with her dad's side of the family and Mike needed to rest because he had to work a 12 hour shift starting at 10:00 Thursday night through Black Friday madness so we wanted him to get a good night's sleep.

Here are a few pictures of Haley while we were there having fun with her cousins! The first one is a hat that someone crocheted for Michaela, but Haley is modeling it!


IMAG0581.jpg

I think Michaela treats Haley like a little doll she can dress up...and Haley has fun too so it works for everyone involved!  LOL  Here is one of MANY dresses that she was dressed up in!  :)

IMAG0584.jpg

Yesterday I watched Haley and tutored a student whom we are trying to catch up in the homeschool DVD's. I didn't mind...nothing else to do, really!

I guess my big news is that I've contacted a personal trainer. I emailed her a couple of times yesterday and I'm waiting to hear back from her about a time to get together for our initial consultation to see what her game plan might be for me and if I think we can work together well. I generally get along with most everyone, but on the off chance that we might not click I don't want to make a commitment until I've met with her. It's expensive in the here and now, but will be worth the expense if I can get my weight and health under control and I won't  have health problems as I get older!

I will let you know how that goes!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Karen, Just checking up on how you are doing. How great that you have hired a personal trainer! I hope it works out well for you. It's a good idea to meet with her first before you make a committment!

    ReplyDelete

Contented Comments from Karen's Commrades!