Thursday, August 12, 2010

Catching up!

Today was the first day this summer I remember having absolutely nothing to do so I planned a jammie day...but I woke up and didn't really feel like having a jammie day so I went to the Library to get a book that was on hold and started reading it.  I didn't get as much done with it as I wanted to because my sister needed help working out curriculum for next school year for her children.

My life is about to get back to normal when school starts so I hope to have time to write a little bit everyday in my blog!  I can't believe school starts one week from today!  Amazing!  I'm going up to the school on Saturday to set my room up...I hope to have Mike help me!  :)

Cody's pitching machine and batting cage just came in today so Bobby and Mike are going to set it up Saturday afternoon!  I will take pictures so all you can see it!  :)

Haley and Michele came to eat supper with us today because Bobby has softball practice and Cody is with his dad!  It was nice to have them visit!  We have all Cody's and Haley's school supplies bought!  I love doing that every year...Haley didn't go with us this year, but Cody and I had a nice time!  Next year I'll take Haley to get hers...probably do them separately...it will be more fun for me! :)

A dear friend made a bunch of teacher tags for me so here is one of my favorites for today's post!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen;

    My life is definitely the opposite of yours. :) I have nothing to do most of the time. I have to find things to do to keep me busy. Being retired and home bound, I have to invent things to do.

    It's amazing how fast the summer is going and school is only a week away. Here in NY, school starts the day after Labor Day. My grandson in Texas dtarts school the last week of August. He's a HS senior and is looking forward to his last year.

    Wonderful teacher tag. Have a lovely weekend my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen. I start teacher meetings on Monday and Tuesday, then the kids start on Wednesday. I am so excited for school to start. I hope it is a great year for you!! I will not be around as much either. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen! So glad to find a new post from you. I know you have been super busy gearing up for another school year. Me too - I'll be starting back homeschooling in a few weeks. I think we're going to A Beka video this year.

    Gues what? I'm having 'another' jammie day! Mike is out of town, so I'm enjoying these lazy days. Have a wonderful weekend Karen. Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, I can't believe school is starting for you already, I am pretty sure it was just last week when you were packing up your room for summer wasn't it? Time sure flies! So Cody got the pitching machine and the batting cage huh? LOL Grandma sure spoils him. Have a great Sonday! Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Contented Comments from Karen's Commrades!