Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Salutations!

I woke up about 7:30 this morning determined to finish a book I need to review...and I did!  But between the waking up and finishing I helped my niece and nephew try to get their school work finished for the year, went to workout with my husband, and back home to shower, then finished the book!  I will post the review later...I have to think about this one for a while before I post hastily!

It's been very very hot here, but I wouldn't know it cause I've been in the air conditioning, which is where I prefer to be when it's very very hot!  LOL

Mike and our son-in-law washed and waxed my daughter's and my cars tonight.  I stayed home to wait on a friend who is coming from PA to take her son home with her this weekend!  She hasn't arrived yet, but she should be here soon!

I'm getting excited about my trip to MD and PA next week to see my sister and her family!  I wish they lived closer, but that hasn't happened yet!

I've had a serious thought going through my head semi connected to the book I just finished.  In the book the women were called "women of faith".  At first glance it seems like a harmless statement, but I'm not sure I want to be called a woman of faith, although I am, I am a woman with a relationship with Christ and in my mind that is so much more than a woman of faith.  Before I expound on my thoughts, I'd like to get the thoughts of some of you who are reading my blog and see what you think!

Have a wonderful Sunday worshiping the Lord!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, I am interested in your thoughts on the book you just read.

    Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and like you, I think that is most important to me. Hearing "Woman of Faith", doesn't alway mean that to me. My faith is in my Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen;

    I too am interested in your thoughts on the book. And like Kathy, Jesus is my Lord and Savior. The title of "woman of faith" could mean faith in anything. My faith is in The Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    Thanks for the kind words on blog :) Hope you had a wonderful weekend and your trip to PA and MD sounds great. Two states that I have visited before!
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen!
    Popping in to wish you a happy Sunday evening. :-)

    I personally like to think of myself as a woman of faith..but I also know that faith is in Jesus. :-)

    Looking foward to your thoughts on the book.

    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Contented Comments from Karen's Commrades!