Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Changing Internet Service...

Well, my husband and I have been becoming more and more dissatisfied with our cable TV service so today we canceled the cable which means for me that I'll be without internet until my DSL modem arrives.  If I'd planned ahead there wouldn't be a break in service, but we just decided this yesterday and seeing as I'm going out of town on Friday it really isn't going to be a big deal.

I knew I'd have to return all our cable equipment, but what I didn't know is that the closest Comcast office is 45 miles from me!  It's really ridiculous in my opinion that we have to drive that far when there is one just 7 miles from me, but they wouldn't guarantee that my service would be terminated tomorrow if I didn't take it to my location!

What are plans are is to watch shows that we can get on the internet and I've started a trial of Netflix and already am enjoying it.  And we might actually buy some sports packages and still save money over the ridiculous cable rates!  We mostly would watch reruns of stuff so we are both willing to try this for six months and see how we like it...honestly, I don't think we are going to miss our cable tv!

I'm getting DSL internet through our phone company, Verizon.  My daughter and best friend both have it and I set theirs up so I know I can do my own!  I hope to have the modem by Monday so I can get it all set up, but if I don't it might be longer until I'm back!  Just wanted to give you all a heads up that I won't be around for a while! 

I might blog while I'm offline and post it when I get back up and running!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen!! I think a lot of people are doing this....watching their shows on hulu or wherever...you can also DVR them on the computer too right? There are so many options. Anyway, you will be fine. Have a nice 4th of July weekend and I will see you when you are back online!! ((BIG HUGS))!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! I've been away this past week and didn't realize you were offline. I'm looking forward to you back on the net again as you are missed my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Karen, I'm just getting caught up with you lovely people who have visited my blog. I have DSL and have been fairly satisfied with it. I also have Netflix and LOVE it! So convenient and they have a tremendous selection to choose from. Hope you are set up with your new internet connection and things are going well. Thank you for stopping by. I also visited your weight loss site and plan to visit again soon. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Contented Comments from Karen's Commrades!