Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3, 2011

Six years ago yesterday my mom went home to be with the Lord. I don't think about her everyday or dwell on it, but there are times when there is a void in my life and I know it's because she is missing! She wasn't perfect, but she was perfect for me!  :) I wouldn't wish her back here with all her pain again for the world.

My weight isn't going anywhere...up or down...which is good and bad news!  It could very easily be up 10 pounds in one month, but it's stayed the same which is good for me!

I told you in my last post that I was going to get a Thrive for my birthday. I finally settled on a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, but decided yesterday to take it back and just get another laptop. Mike and I watch TV through my computer hooked up to the TV so we need two at night in order to watch TV and the tablet was nice, but did not do everything I had hoped it would. After talking to my sister yesterday I made the decision to take it back and not keep trying to like it!

I now have a beautiful Gateway laptop that I think will last me a good long time and didn't cost me an arm and a leg!  I'm very happy with my choice.

Mike would love to get on daytime work at Walmart and one of his managers was supposed to go to daylight soon and Mike would be able to follow after Christmas, but that is less certain now than it was a few weeks ago. We are praying for God's will. Mike is not getting the right kind of sleep working 40 hours a week through the night and trying to sleep through the day. Our desire is for him to work daylight time, but if that's not God's will we will be happy that he has a good job with insurance!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,
    That was a nice tribute to your mom! I wish I would have known sooner and I could have said a few extra prayers for you.
    I am glad you are happy with your new laptop!
    Keeping Mike's job situation in my prayers!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Contented Comments from Karen's Commrades!