Monday, August 23, 2010

Way too long!

It has been way too long since I've updated everyone, but I just haven't been in the mood to write, although I have much to write about!

School has started.  It was a great first three days.  Last week I only had Thursday and Friday with one student at school.  My homeschooling students decided they wanted to come last week.  Since I was bored I let them!  So I had more than one student, but just one at school!

Today was my first semi-full day.  I had a nice three hour break between morning and afternoon students!  I think it will workout well if I don't add any other students at all...that's wishful thinking because I had two teachers tell me one of their students would need tutoring this year!  LOL

Cody had his first travel ball games this last weekend and they came in second or third.  They do it according to runs scored and when they finished yesterday they weren't sure and I haven't heard today!  It's an exciting thing, but I'm glad we can go when we want and aren't responsible for being there every weekend!  It's MUCH! 

Michele, Haley, and I drove down Saturday for the two games and Cody played well!  He pitched for the first time in a game since June!  His first inning he struck out the side!  He pitched three shutout innings!  Can't ask much more than that from a 12 year old!

Mike got his GED last week!  That is a huge praise!  He is now looking for a better job with benefits!  We know the Lord has the perfect job for him out there, we just have to find it!  He has a lead on one that would be second shift which is what he worked for many years (probably 22 or 23 years) of our marriage, but I've gotten used to having him around the house!  :)

My prayer is that he will find something he can do for the next 10 years and be happy with it!  He just turned 59 on Sunday and he could retire at age 62, but what would he do?  So if he had a job that he liked and was able to do until he was 69 or 70 I think we'd all be happier!  :)

I think that's about it for my updates!  Here are a couple pictures from this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I think it is great that you and Michelle are able to go to Cody's games if you want, did you decide to go this coming weekend? I am praying for Mike's job situation! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Wow - it seems like ages since we have 'talked'!! I miss you - I miss your emails too!! I know that it'll probably take you a week or so to readjust to school starting back up though.

    Wow - Cody looks so tall for 12! I was thinking that he was 14, but I do remember you told me 12.

    I hope Mike gets a good job that he enjoys Karen. Congrats again on him passing!

    Have an awesome week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen;

    Dropped in to see how you are and what's new. Great photos of the team. Have a blessed week ahead my friend. ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,
    Enjoyed your post and the photos.
    I miss you dropping by my blogs and hope to see you there real soon.
    Keeping you in prayer. Have a great rest of the week.
    Blessings and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Karen...where are you??? Come out, come out, wherever you are! :-) I was hoping to find a new post today...maybe tomorrow??? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Contented Comments from Karen's Commrades!